Grand Cherokee Ltd - wiper arms

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Just bought a '96 ZJ but can't remove the windshield wiper arms. Can't see how to lift the cover over the drive shaft. I have seen a special tool advertised, but is this necessary? Have not tried brute force at this stage! Anyone know the simple answer or point me to a website?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Pell

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Could also be like mine. You fold them all the way out then there is a little metal tab you pull out with a flat blade screwdriver.

Back

Don't have a pic for the font but basically you extend the arm fully then slide the little tab out. It doesn't go out all the way and locks the arm in the extended position. After that you just pull.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Bill and Doug - removed them easily following your advice Frank

Reply to
Frank Pell