Grease Points

How many and where are the grease points on my new TJ (R,04)?

My clutch is "creaking" a bit, also. I could have it serviced under the warranty, but don't want to leave it for a day, if it's something I can take care of in a few minutes. Suggestions?

AND, as always, thanks in advance for your advice.

-Fred

Reply to
Fred Garvin

from what I've seen, the creaking is a sign of the hydraulics going bad, I would bring it to the dealership to make sure.

Reply to
Mark12211

Track bar ball joint (at frame), Pitman arm balljoint, 2 tierod/steering knuckle balljoints, draglink to tierod balljoint, 2 upper balljoints on steering knuckles. That's all I can think of at the moment. Just crawl under there and look for zerks.

Is the clutch pedal creaking or does it sound like it's inside the bellhousing?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Wow! I've learned a new vocabulary word: zerk ( a grease fitting invented by Oscar Zerk arounf 1923); and that there are a lot more zerks than I thought. I love this newsgroup.

I really appriciate it!

Thanks.

-Fred

Ps. The clutch creaking seems to between the pedal area and the bellhousing. - Thx., Fred

Reply to
Fred Garvin

Wow! I've learned a new vocabulary word: zerk ( a grease fitting invented by Oscar Zerk arounf 1923); and that there are a lot more zerks than I thought. I love this newsgroup.

I really appriciate it!

Thanks.

-Fred

Ps. The clutch creaking seems to between the pedal area and the bellhousing. - Thx., Fred

Reply to
Fred Garvin

Reply to
FrankW

In this group, anyway. :-)

See if you can get someone to operate the clutch pedal while you listen for the noise...it may be something rubbing on the fluid line between the master cylinder and the slave, or it could be a defective master cylider or slave, it would help to just try to pinpoint the source of the creak.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My TJ has more than that.

Reply to
jbjeep

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Dont forget all the control arms and discos too....

Reply to
jbjeep