HardTop, Soft Doors?

I need some help answering this question once & for all please. I'm looking to bid on a hardtop for my 03 TJ on ebay from someone local but he's saying that if you have half doors (which I have) it wont work. Actually he's calling them "soft doors" I have been under the impression that doors are doors, soft or hard the dimensions are pretty much the same. This is the second time I've come across this statement from a someone selling a top on ebay & I'd hate like hell to shell out close to a thousand bucks to find out that I have to shell out around that again for a set of hard doors. Is anybody out there in rec.land using this combination? I guess I should have stopped by the dealers & asked the question but I didn't think it would be a problem & I just saw this top on ebay last night & it bidding ends tonight.

TIA - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

I dunno about TJ tops ...but the "soft doors" that go with my softtop on my '85 CJ7 do not even remotely fit with my hardtop on. Then again, my hardtop didn't go on properly either without alot of modification ...so I have NO idea what year Jeep it was built for. In conclusion ...I need to find a set of doors for my HT ;p

Reply to
griffin