Harmonic balancer?

How much run-out is acceptable on the harmonic balancer for the 258? I had my project CJ-5 running the other day and noticed that the balancer is a bit less than 1/8" out of true along the axis of the engine. At right engles to the crank it looks true). It must be off-balance on it's rubber mount, because the fan pulley (bolted to the center section of the balancer) runs true.

It's gotta come off, doesn't it...

Arugh. Two steps forward, one step back. Yesterday it was the fuel line getting pinch between the tank and the body, starving the engine of fuel. I only had to pull and replace the tank twice before I figured that one out. Sooo close to being done....

Reply to
Lee Ayrton