Head swap header info??

Hey group, I have ordered a 4.0 head to go on my 84 CJ7 4.2, Manual Trans play toy... I need to find a header that will be compatible with this swap. Has anyone out there done this swap and, if so, which header or manifold did you use. I've read Tim Weavers article on the swap but info on the exhaust set up is pretty vague and not really applicable to my 1984 model. (Bill, if you could step in here it would be greatly appreciated!) Thanks in advance for any and all replies... Charles

81 DJ5L 84 CJ7 92 Cherokee
Reply to
Ervin Charles

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I would think you could just buy an aftermarket 4.0 header and install that.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

You need a 4.0 header, the cheapest are on ebay Stainless steel for around 50 bucks, these are just direct rip offs of OEM tube header with the accourdian flange to eliminate the cracking problem on the long tubes.

You then need welding skills or a muffler shop to do your collector pipe, your old one more than likely wont be even close to the header's output. The 4.0 collector pipe (or "down pipe") is on the wrong side and routed differently from the YJ and most likely the CJ.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Reply to
Rich