Heated seat repair - leather mismatch

Hi,

I had my Grand Cherokee '99 taken by the dealer to repair the driver side heated seat.

They returned the jeep with a new seat base. The leather on the new seat base was alot duller than the rest of the upholstery, including the seat back and the other seats.

It was really obvious that it didn't match and complained to the dealer. They told me that they took the base out of their loan jeep. I complained that they had stuck a second hand seat into my car to effect a repair (grrr!) and asked them to sort out a new base and in the meantime return the original base to my jeep.

They did this and promised to get a new base in which would hopefully resolve the problem.

I have waited two months without hearing back from them. I have now called them and they claim that all new seats are dull and just take a while to 'shine up', take it or leave it.

Does this sound correct, I don't really want to have a miss match in the leather (the difference is really significant). I would nearly consider trying to repair the old seat base myself (they said the problem was a broken circuit inside the seat and not the elements or anything that could be corrected with a heated seat repair kit). I wonder how hard it would be to do.

Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Reply to newsgroup only

Thanks

Reply to