heater, a/c problems

i was hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a 2000 JGC with the dual climate control, no matter what the passenger side control side is set on, it always blows out ice cold air.the air condition light somes on and the compressor is on, even if it is set to the hottest setting, if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it could you please let me know what is going on.

Reply to
pooteo

Sounds like it could be the infamous blend door problem. Take a look at this website and see if it sounds like what you have.

billy ray

Reply to
pooteo

o.k. when i do this test(below), NONE of the display segments light up. i turn the car on press the a/c buttons and recirc button and turn the drivers side temp control knob clockwise, the two button light light up but nothing else happens. Now if it were the a/c heater control were bad wouldn't i have more problems then just the passenger side heat not working,

  1. To enter the self-diagnostic mode, depress the a/c and recirc buttons at the same time and hold. Rotate the left temperature control knob clockwise (CW) one detent.

  1. If you c> thanks i h> > Sounds like it could be the infamous blend door problem. Take a look at

Reply to
pooteo

There aren't too may WJ on this forum much less ones with the automatic controls, mine is the manual control model.

All I know about the problem is what I've read..

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
philthy

Reply to
Marc

see

and enter 'blend doors' in the search feature.

Reply to
billy ray