heater core replacement -- cj7

I don't have any heat....

Can someone diagnos the problem. Both the line in and out of the heater core are hot (warm). Is this a faulty heater core or is something else amiss? The blower motor functions (but only blows cold air). Everything is original equipment (84 CJ7).

Also, how do I burp the system?

Thanks

DEP

Reply to
Dave

Sounds like you have a linkage issue.

The heater hoses warm means you have flow.

There is no shut off for the fluid flow, only flaps that either blow air across the heater core or bypass it and just blow cold air.

One main control for this is wayyyy up top. Heat or vent or off.

Is the door open down on the passenger side? That would mean the cold air vent is active. Follow the cable up to the top to find the lever.

If not, then check the connection right by the gas pedal. The cable pulls out for heat and pushes in for cold air.

Mike

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Then remove this cable and send it to me since I broke mine when Mr. Romain suggest I upgrade my blower motor. :-)

A very good upgrade I might add.

Reply to
Hrd

LOL!

Well as mentioned, you didn't ask how to take the sucker apart.

You can make a new cable core pretty easy. A wire from a lawnmower throttle or the left over chunks from a manual choke cable would work. The adjuster could be fabbed from a motorcycle brake cable adjuster if yours broke.

If you were anywhere near me I have a bunch of left over choke cable chunks from installing them on other's and my vehicle.

Mike

Mike Romain