help again with TJ o2 sensor??

ok, replaced o2 sensor after checking codes, got 12 & 21 had to disconnect battery to clear code 21 even after replacing o2 sensor. with in 24 hours the check engine light pops back on. damn same codes again

12 & 21. so we have a new o2 sensor in place? so disconnect battery again just on a whim and code 21 is cleared??

any Ideas?? bad battery ?? charge indicator shows 14volts if gauge is close. no problem with dim light---- no problem with starting- only problem I have is check engine light comes on?

could voltage regulator be going out ??

in the dark with no flashlight - ya gotta lead me by hand!! thanks

Reply to
casca

Which 02 sensor did you replace? There are at least two 02 sensors on early TJs and from what I hear and read, four 02 sensors on the latest TJs.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
casca

Reply to
David C. Moller

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

tell me more , where can I find more info & or picture??

Reply to
casca

Reply to
casca

Reply to
David C. Moller

Only that you will get $hitty gas mileage and will be running inefficient. I would suspect a bad wire at one of the O2 sensor connectors. Intermittant. Pull on the wires or use a volt meter to determine a proper connection.

Reply to
Peter Parker

I say again.............find someone with a scanner that has data stream - that way you can determine if it is a sensor or if it is what it is sensing..............

Reply to
Carlo Jr.