HELP! Cherokee Spare Tire Problem

I'm tring to re-install the small spare tire in the trunk of my Cherokee. I have had an incredibly difficult time putting it back in to place and would appreciate any direction/tip on how to make it fit back into place. My biggest problem is determining whether the plastic dome is either a spacer (between trunk wall and tire) or as a bracket (bracing the screw against the wheel). Also, should the tire stem on the spare point towards the wall, or face out towards the rest of the trunk? Again, I'd really appreciate any help anyone is able to provide...thanks

Reply to
tmagnussen

I belive the spacer goes between the wheel and the nut. The valve stem should face the window.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl