Help Crank Position Sensor for 89 Cherokee LTD

Hi Gang:

Anyone have any ideas on a cheap online source for a Crank Position Sensor for an 89 Cherokee LTD (Inline 6)? Thanks for any advice.

I'm also trying to find an online source for dash lamps (bulbs). (anyone know what the model of the bulbs is?)

Dave

Remove yourhat to respond

Reply to
Cherokee Boy

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The bulbs are at the car parts store down on the corner. The Crank Position Sensor is in the same place, but behnid the counter. Most auto parts stores are on line these days, I use Kragen, Advance Auto - aka AutoZone - and my favorite, NAPA. NAPA does not have the best prices around, but if you need a part, they have a catalog that shows it.

The bulbs can be found by looking them up, or by removing them and matching them up.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Right. And unless he's someplace _really_ remote the shipping cost is going to more than make his time on the road worth the trip to the store.

Advance Auto is the same company as AutoZone? I've got one of each at either end of town, each less than 3 years old.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I *think* they are the same. I have AutoZone in my neighborhood that has Advance Auto on some of its stuff hanging in the store, and Advance on the trucks that bring in more stuff. I could be wrong on that, but I was thinking that I saw on NASCAR that Advance and AutoZone are one and the same. I tend to have few too many beers while watching NASCAR on TV, so I could be confised.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I looked on napaonline.com, and I couldn't find the CPS either.

Jeff Strickland

oreillys has them for the tj's!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

I am sorry Oreillys didnt have them it was Autozone..I bought one last week for one of my Jeeps and paid about 80 Bucks

-- Jarod Sprauer

281-807-JEEP (5337)

IsellJeeps

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Jo Bo

Try this?

-- Diverman

Reply to
Diverman

Just bought one yesterday here in Cow town Alberta, Renfrew Chrysler is still laughing at me for giving them $160.00 cdn.

Reply to
94jeep

Just bought one yesterday here in Cow town Alberta, Renfrew Chrysler is still laughing at me for giving them $160.00 cdn.

Reply to
94jeep

Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your note.

Where would I look the bulbs up? I've looked all over the place and can't find a spec for the dash bulbs. I want to replace all of the bulbs at once, and I don't want to take the dash off to find the bulb type because then I won't have a way to go to pick up the replacements.

Reply to
Cherokee Boy

Hi 94:

Yea, I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks for your note.

Reply to
Cherokee Boy

Ask as the parts counter. They'll look it up for you. My local AutoZone doesn't even have paper catalogs hanging in the electrical, filter or wiper sections, everything is one the computer.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I have a copy scanned or photoed from my owners manual of all the lights I could email you if you would like.

Mike

Cherokee Boy wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I got interested in this question and poked around a bit. AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) and Advance Auto (NYSE: AAP) are seperate, competing companies. AZ bills itself as the larger, AA as second largest. I agree, they do tend to stock their shelves with the same stuff, I suspect that it is "low-bidder syndrome" -- their car radio section confirm that thought. Here's an article on the growth of auto parts retailers in the US:

  1. It's pedal to metal for auto parts - 2005-01-17 - Atlanta Business Chronicle

AutoZone (and perhaps others, I dunno) does do one thing that I think is pretty clever: They've got a contract with FedEx that uses them to move their stock around, instead of owning a dedicated fleet of trucks.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Your talking about the dash lights for the gauges etc?.. I'll take a look at my spare cluster tomorrow to see if any of the bulbs still have their number.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

should have one that you need.You can either get the one you need to hardwire in or the original one.I opted to go to my friendly neighborhood dealer and get one.IIRC it is part # 33004761 for the original cps 88 xj 4.0 auto$39 my discounted cost just about 4 months ago. later, dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1