Help! Please answer this one.. Jeep GC

99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado 2 wheel drive.

Got in my GC this afternoon to leave work this afternoon and the following happened: Inserted the key and attempted to start, GC did not even attempt to start, a clicking sound started under the dashboard on the drivers side by my left knee. Just CLICK CLICK CLICK on and on (I removed the key from the ignition) still clicking and while this is going on ALL the gauges (speed, rpm etc.. are pegging out, back and forth non-stop!) I could not get it to stop, reinserted the key, to start then accessories etc... still wouldn't stop. Called a tow truck to (still clicking and gauges busy moving around!) take my GC to the dealership.

Dealership won't be looking at it until tomorrow morning, the guy at the dealership said it sounded like a dead/weak battery. I took him out show it to him after the tow truck dropped it off, still clicking..... gauges still busy! He told me it looked like a dead/weak battery...(which BTW is not covered under my extended warranty!) I told him at this rate the battery would be dead in the morning....

Anyway .... Any ideas?? PLEASE post tonight!!

Reply to
Y.T

L.W.(ßill)