Hesco high pressure fuel regulator

Has anyone else bought the Hescoe adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the Moport MPFI kit? The 4WD catalog is claiming 44 PSI, but I'm only get 33 PSI. Anyone else out there with a similar experience?

Thanks.

Reply to
Michael White

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Michael White did pass the time by typing:

Hesco's adjustable regulator was made by Edelbrock. But the one they show now is different from mine.

Full pressure (70psi) on mine is only reached at low vac (wide open throttle).

I do see Bernie got the new heads made and the dual TB setup for strokers. I still think it's way too much air for even a 4.7. Not that I wouldn't say no to being a test vehicle that is. :)

Reply to
DougW

Bill,

Thanks. Tried that, and it put me on a path. The pressure will go up to 50 PSI if I pinch the line, and that's when I realized that I still had the vacuum line attached to the regulator. If I pull off the vacuum line, the pressure immediately jumps to 44 PSI (as advertised).

I assume, then, that this is correct (and -please- correct me if I'm wrong). As engine load (and fuel consumption) increase, the vacuum on the fuel pressure regulator decreases, causing more fuel (at the same PSI) to be delivered to the fuel injectors.

Thanks.

Reply to
Michael White

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

MIke, I understand it to work as you said. As the engine speed/load increases, the vac decreases and the regulator closes to deliver more of the fuel to the injectors. The regulator allows fuel to bypass the injectors at low speeds/loads, and delivers more fuel in high loads, while the pump itself does the same work all of the time.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland