High-Altitude driving question

I have a '94 Wrangler ( 4-cyl, 2.5L, OBD-I, 130,000 miles ), and I am going to be driving it in Mexico next month at *extremely* high altitude (at least 13,000 feet, and maybe up to 15,000 feet).

Is there anything that I can or should do ahead of time to prepare the engine for high-altitude driving (other than the obvious stuff, like a clean air filter)? FWIW, I have also heard that Mexican gasoline is several points lower in octane rating than USA gasoline.

TIA, john w. ( jwallacq AT hotmail DOT com )

Reply to
jwallace

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Accept leaded fuel.

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
James Gemmill

jwallace did pass the time by typing:

- The higher you go the less octane your engine will require.

- Never take a firearm or ammunition (even one bullet) into Mexico unless you want to spend many many years, in prison. They have zero sense of humor on the issue. Read this --->

- Check with the dealer to see if there is a high-altitude modification for your Jeep. In some cases there is a special CPS sensor that has been offset for higher altitude. Older Jeeps had a high-altitude wire but yours is probably too modern.

- Take spare parts, especially a fuel filter, and if you have them, belt and hose repair kit. Mexico isn't too bad for finding parts but your better off if you bring your own.

Reply to
DougW

Cocoa leaves... Nick

Reply to