High pitched whine and coolant loss = Radiator?

My ?89 Cherokee is constantly running low on coolant but I don?t see any leaks. Also whenever the coolant gets low the Jeep makes a high pitched whine. Anyone care to take a guess at what?s wrong?

Reply to
PE Guy

water pump shaft

Reply to
DougW

Water pump seal and/or bearing, the coolant evaporates as soon as it leaves the system, so they're no obvious leak.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Sounds like the water pump!

Best to replace it now before it really starts to leak. About $70 plus

2 hours labour.

Merrill

Reply to
merrill