Horrible Flex

This last summer I replaced my stock suspension with a 3.5 inch lifted one. Now my Jeep has horrible flex and rides really hard. It is an 88' so its all leaf springs which I no are stiffer than coils but I've seen Jeeps with leaves get great flex. Any tips would be great!

Reply to
Jeepster

Who made the springs? Softer shocks may give you a better ride, longer shackles can help your flex, but there is no cure for cheap springs.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Most of the leaf spring lift kits have really high spring rates, give a really harsh ride. Then you add in stiffer shocks (Ranchero 5000 are common and are REALLY HARSH!) to really make things bad. Your '88 (Wrangler??? or Cherokee??) has relatively flat springs, the original ride is quite soft.

You might want to test th> This last summer I replaced my stock suspension with a 3.5 inch lifted

Reply to
RoyJ

i went with Spring over axle has same leafspring arcs as orginal and gave me 6 inches of lift... plus it has alot more flex for offroading and ramps

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III