how do I turn off the damn beeping seat belt light!

Hi ya'll. I just purchased my first Jeep 2 days ago. It is a 2007 wrangler . I shopped everywhere to get a deal, and unfortunatley the dealer I bought it from is about 2 hours away. Well, last night and today, the driver's side seat belt light (and annoying BEEP) has been activated, although my seat belt is fastened. I called a local dealer but they won't help me until tuesday. I don't have time to drive all the way to the dealer I bought if from until next week. I cannot listen to that horrific beeping sound for three more days- it's driving me crazy and it never turns off. Is there a wire I can cut or a fuse I can pull to disable the whole thing alltogether? If there is, please be specific about how to do it or where to find the fuse- I am a girl, and I am not the most car savvy person out there. Thanks a million for any help I recieve-

-anne

Reply to
abunderwood

Check the connections, there may be a plug under the seat that is disconnected. Likely to happen when detailers clean up a rig. Congrats on your new Jeep!

Kate

2O|||||||O6 Rubicon

-anne

Reply to
Kate

When I had my Cherokee in for service the other day, I was getting a ride back to my place, in the Co. dc van, it had the same problem, the driver stopped it by hitting the seat !!

BUM

Reply to
Brian Colwell

Turn up the stereo. Got any Nine Inch Nails?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Or techno. See if you can time it right, the beeps will sound like part of the song.

Reply to
The Merg

If the car is not driveable, then I would be there in the morning, demanding a loaner until they fix it.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Wow!! Good luck with your new Wrangler... driving a brand new one must be like sitting in your livingroom.. minus the beeping....the wind sound in my jeep is so loud have the time the passenger cant hear a word your saying..talking on a cell phone while on the highway.. well forget that . by the way.. google AutoFix it may help you out..

Reply to
agent99

read your owners manual it covers it in detail

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
philthy