How to tell if a Durango has side air bags

I'm looking at buying a 2002 or 2003 Dodge Durango and want the side air bag option. When I ask if a given Durango has side air bags, I keep getting the runaround from used car salesmen; I don't think they even know. Is there an easy way to tell if the side air bags are present or not? (Maybe an indicator digit in the VIN?)

(Yeah I know this is a Jeep forum, not Dodge, but the Dodge NG is dead/unresponsive, and we're all in the big happy Chrysler family...)

Reply to
lambeth65

LOL!

Good luck.

If the sales asshole can't punch in the VIN and give you the answer, go to a different shop. Seriously.

If they couldn't be bothered to know what they are selling, you sure won't like or get any after sales service....

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Mike Romain

lambeth65 did pass the time by typing:

Not with the VIN that I know of. There will be "AIRBAG" or similar warning embossed in the plastic or stitched on the seat side where the airbag is. It's a safety requirement. The other place to look is the build-sheet which can be viewed by any dealer just by having the VIN.

Reply to
DougW

ANY vehicle with side aribags should be CLEARLY marked on the deployment surfaces that an airbgag lives inside.

Notice the SRS symbol on the steering wheel and the passenger side dashboard? Now look for the same symbols located in the roof panels over the doors. They might be elswhere, but if you can't find them, there are no airbags present.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Been hit by a car on the side will let you know too ! LOL JK here, ...their should be a symbol for sure. My jetta had one anyway.

Pat

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511 NOUVEAU REVENDEUR AUTORISE SERVICE INTERNET

snipped-for-privacy@leclone.com

Patrick

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III