I need a steering dampener

Pep Boys wants 60.50 for an "OEM" version.

If I'm going to go through the trouble of getting the old one off, what should I get to replace it on an unlifted TJ with 235's?

Brand? Model?

Thanks. I need to get both hands wrapped tightly on the steering wheel...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I agree with Bill. Go with OME (Old Man Emu... not OEM). It's HUGE. I used it on my wife's almost-stock XJ.

Reply to
Eric

My guess is you do not need a steering dampner at all.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Pep Boys doesn't have anything in stock except OEM. I'll check their price on this item.

I'm aware of the BFH/puller thing. That's why I want something better if I'm going to go though changing it out.

-Scott '97 TJ SE/almost 75,000 miles.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Yeah Bill, everyone who doesn't agree with you is either a troll or a philistine. Funny how many vehicles have been built without steering dampeners. Stupid engineers!

Reply to
Stupendous Man

you live under a bridge??

writesoon!