installing control arms

Hey guys,

I've got a set of upper adjustable control arms for the rear axle and I'm going to install them today. is it just a matter of taking one out and putting the new one in on one side and repeat on the other? It doesn't seem like there will be enough play in the axle to add the length I need without going back and forth a bunch of times.

So do you do them one at a time, or both at the same time or what? n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

All I have to say is, "Duh". The probably would have become obvious to me when I got under there.

Thanks, Bill. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

leave the wheels on, that way if the vehicle falls it's only as far as the axle. Besides which you will need something to hold up the axle. :)

Reply to
DougW

That's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ok guys... one more.

What's the trick to rolling the axle back? (ie, how do you get the pinion to point at the T-case output?)

n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill, the shaft is in the mail

That's pretty much what I was thinking... just wasn't sure how much pressure I could put on the pinion. Seems like I'm good to go.

Thanks again. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ok, pinion angle is good, but the shock cans are kitting the spring mounts... This isn't going to cause any drastic failure, is it? I just need to drive to work and home tomorrow then I can get in a garage and flip the shocks (DT3000) so they run cans up. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I ran my DT3000's can up in the rear. You still have to reposition the axle side mounts, as the can may hit the axle at full stuff.

Paul

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Paul Keating

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I just need to get everything back together at this point. I'll be doing this mod (or something very like it) in the near future and will worry about repositioning things at that time.

n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis