Intake question

Is it ok to remove the silencer/venturi from the intake hose on my

4.0 ? What would I gain from doing so? Will I gain gas mileage? Horse power?

Thanks, Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I'll chance this getting by the bullshit spammer.

The plastic venturi generates the scavage vacuum for the charcoal filter - probably be best to have that unless you like the smell. As for gains, measure the size of the throttle body venturi and the inlet side size - both are a lot smaller than the inside diameter of the scavage venturi - how does removing the larger opening increase anything? IOW, it's a waste of time.

Reply to
Will Honea

jerryg wrote in news:13a15ee0-71d1-405e-96ef- snipped-for-privacy@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

It will make you sound a bit more aggressive. That's about it. There will be no measurable increase in performance, or mileage.

You would do better to replace the accordion elbow with a smooth piece, and get a good filter. If you really wanted to get serious with free mods, you could create an access vent through the side of the hood, and rotate the intake horn accordingly for a true cold air setup.

There isn't much to be gained from the intake side of things... the throttle body is still the most limiting factor along that tract.

Reply to
Goat Crapp

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III