Interior lights (wrangler) question...

I have recently bought a 93 wrangler , and I've noticed that the only interior lights that it has is under the dash....Is this common? No overhead lights ?

Reply to
Darryl Moore

Yup.

The hard top comes with a light. I see some folks add a light in the center of the roll bar. You can wire it to one of the under dash lights or on it's own switch.

Mike

Darryl Moore wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That's what I did, after years of being unable to see anything inside at night. The hardtop has a light at the top rear, but its cover has yellowed so badly over the years that little light can penetrate, making it useless. In my junk box I had a small 6-volt fluorescent reading light that I mounted in the center of the roll bar. I added a dropping resistor and tapped into the dome light wire in the harness just behind the driver's seat. What a difference. Light in the front seat!

Reply to
Dale Beckett

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

...and for the rest, Walmart neon signs.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

My 04 TJ Sahara came with overhead lights on the sound bar and under the mirror, I was suprised because my other CJs did not and I did not give much thought until you asked it was just one of thoes Jeep things I guess.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

A couple places sell cheap soundbar things that have speakers and a dome light to fit in there, like the TJ has.

Matt

Reply to
Matt