Is this sound normal?

Hi all.

I have a week old 04 wrangler and have noticed a strange ( to me at least ) noise occuring. At slow speeds, when I turn left or right, I "feel" something sort of 'pop' at my feet underneath the vehicle. It does seem to be consistent and occurs on whichever side im steering towards. Is it normal to feel the steering mechanism working through the floorboards?. Steering feels fine, but just when i turn left or right i feel it 'working'. Is this normal? or should i get these noises checked out....anything i can diagnose myself?

p.s. for those about to guess, no, i dont have 4wd engaged on normal streets...

Reply to
Ed Roper

I would get it checked out. Sounds like the control arms or something are loose.

Or, just go bounce her good off road to settle everything in and see if the noise is still there...

Mike

Ed R>

Reply to
Mike Romain

I was trying to save myself from snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca, but wouldn't let me go...

| I would get it checked out. Sounds like the control arms or | something are loose. | | Or, just go bounce her good off road to settle everything in | and see if the noise is still there... | | Mike | 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 | 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's | | Ed Roper wrote: || || Hi all. || || I have a week old 04 wrangler and have noticed a strange ( || to me at least ) noise occuring. At slow speeds, when I turn || left or right, I "feel" something sort of 'pop' at my feet || underneath the vehicle. It does seem to be consistent and || occurs on whichever side im steering towards. Is it normal to || feel the steering mechanism working through the floorboards?. || Steering feels fine, but just when i turn left or right i || feel it 'working'. Is this normal? or should i get these || noises checked out....anything i can diagnose myself? || || p.s. for those about to guess, no, i dont have 4wd engaged on || normal streets...

I second the beat her in idea...mine became much more friendly after a few whacks...of course, I should replce my trans skid plate now, but, well, It's a Jeep Thing....

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
Jim85CJ

I hear a noise like that also on acceleration with my O4. Been doing since new

Reply to
Intergate

Reply to
Dean