It Works

Well several months ago after reading several articles on it I replaced the air in all my vehicle tires with nitrogen gas. I have a medium size bottle I use to this AC and HVAC system testing. Well in over two months the tire pressure has remained steady and I have had not had to add any. I tried it in my motorcycle too and got the same results. Apparent the nitrogen molecules are larger than air molecules and do not penetrate the rubber and you can go to checking your tires every 6 months. Nitrogen is cheap from the local welding supply house

Reply to
Coasty

Nitrogen as N2 is the smallest molecule in air. Curious. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Check with your local tire dealer, you may be able to get it at no charge.

Reply to
Billy Ray

There are other reasons. this page is from a small locally owned tire chain that supplied my tires.

Billy Ray

HA, HA, hahahahaha.

Air is a mixture of gases, and the largest portion by percentage is by far Nitrogen. There's no such thing as an "air" molecule, but since most of air is Nitrogen, one could hardly make the above claim.

From the Tire Discounters web site: "Nitrogen, unlike air, is non-combustible."

Also funny, as air does not burn, either. It does provide fuel for fire. Although strictly speaking, air CAN burn if it's hot enough. Or more precisely, stuff in the air can combust - smoke, dust, pollen, whatever.

So why would Nitrogen-filled tires need reinflation less often? Something to do with how inert N is?

Brian

Perhaps the oxygen in regular air oxidizez the tire or wheel thus removing the oxygen content over time.

Would the net result be less pressure, or would the oxidation produce other gasses?

Reply to
yjarray