Jeep Booby Traps Help

Anyone got any good ideas for booby traps around my jeep. Some thugs tried to rip it off the other night. They could not steal it because I have the grant removeable steering wheel. They cut the top and ruined it, took the side windows, a simpson 5 point harness, they got the upper doors, and had the drivers side door lifted half way off of the hinges. They also got seat cover for the bucket seat, and my air compressor. My

105 lb lab who lives in the house heard them and started raising hell when i let her out in the back yard. They must have been scared off when they heard her. I got my 12 gauge pump ( loaded with # 1 buck), and 45 Glock and went out but saw no one. Looking for ideas for trip wire traps using mouse traps,clothes pins ets, to trip an audio alarm, 12 gauge shell , or whatever it takes.
Reply to
kevin

A prison term for you will be the answer. Don't do it. Buy a video camera.

Reply to
Jeepers

I would think twice before shooting somebody for taking my radio out of my Jeep. Perhaps you need an alarm, or a garage.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Don't think you need to do the "James Bond" exploding car thing if someone tries to steal it". But you could wire up the horns to the door handles and other places, so when certain "booby trapped" items are touched the horns start blowing. You just have to install a small override switch to disable the system.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Rigging a shotgun up is a great idea. Until you kill a child. Try parking it in a safe secure spot and forget the vigilante bullshit. As for the comment below about being "legal in Texas", I can assure that depending upon the DA, chances are you're going to trial.. And in my opinion, rightfully so.

Reply to
YJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Car alarm???

Reply to
jdarg

I'm sure you could wire a sensor to trip one of these ...

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

Damn it, you beat me to it. :0)

Reply to
Peter Parker

had a friend in NYC who taped razor blades to the back of his radio. When the perp reaches in to pull the radio out he gets one hell of a boo-boo...

Reply to
Joe
[ evil cackle ]

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > I'm sure you could wire a sensor to trip one of these ... : >

: >

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

Looks cool, but I bet it's hell on your paint job! Probably would melt your soft windows too!

Reply to
Shamus in CO

Which Alarm did you use? I have a couple vehicles that I want to put alarms in. Someone even got into my S10 pickup that has the door handles shaved off. They never broke a window or anything and no signs of forced entry.

Chris

What brand alarm is that? Sounds good for what i'm looking for.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Heard the same about fish hooks... some nice treble hooks placed appropriately and the perp will still be there when you come out, screaming "Don't hurt me, man!". At least, that's the story I heard. __ Steve .

Reply to
Steve Cowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I feel your pain Bill. West of the 15 there really isn't much room to shoot. There are ranges but the who wants to shoot like that all the time. Too bad we can't even own weapons like AK's and other auto weaps. Like they say "outlaw weapons and only outlaws will own them" or "you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands"...... Rich

I'm not a resident of Commiefornia but have to live here, love the place geographically, and most of the people, but I can't wait to leave beacuse of lack of FREEDOM granted by the constitution. (I know this will stir up a shit storm)

Reply to
Richard Harris

Buy some foot/leg traps for medium sized animals like fox and coyote! They only have to be check every 24 hours per trapping regulations. :-)

When one of those pesky "animals" gets it paw caught, not only will the dog hear'em but so will you, and about half the neighborhood .

Brian

Reply to
bulletsnbrains

They should have those in South Central LA. After all they're proven effective on the apes posing as humans in South Africa.

Reply to
YJ