Jeep Cherokee 1990 front seat upholstry

Just wanted to ask if anybody know of a source for doing up my front seats. They are leather, color Tan I guess. But realy cracked and beyond repair.

What I am after is ready made leather replacement upholstry so I can do the job myself. Not after market seat covers.

regards Odd-Inge Larsen Norway

Reply to
Odd-Inge Larsen

goto the local auto upholstry shop and have them order it then you can install it!

Reply to
J. Sprauer

J. Sprauer did pass the time by typing:

I've been thinking about these folks. Have no expirence with them.

They make aftermarket replacement apholstry in any color you want.

Reply to
DougW

I live in North Norway and I have never seen anything like a upholstry shop around here :-) So I guess a www shop is my best bet.

regards odd-inge

Reply to
Odd-Inge Larsen

I think we may be having problems in translation. An upholstery shop is where you would go to get new coverings, fabric or cushions for a chair/couch/sofa.

There are probably also shops that repair/replace auto/boat seats, etc. This is probably were you will end up.

If you ask around at auto-parts stores or fabric stores you should be able to get a referral to someplace that can do the work.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy Ray,

I think that the translation problem may be related to your conception of where this guy lives.

would love to go there, but I wouldn't hope to find an upholstery shop. Iimagine that the closest thing on our continent is Inuvik,
or Silverton
Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Hehe, spot on Earle. Not to many of these types of shops around. I did manage to get some material to do my roofliner last year from a shop in South Norway. I also know there are some car interior shops or people probably near our capital Oslo. Undoubtly yhey could do seatupholstry but they probably would like a seat to work from. So my first option would be to find a shop on the www thad had ready made stuff for jeeps.

Here are som pictures from my home place :-)

River view midnight june 1. 2005

my house this summer, round midnight
garage last april
for some fun in the snow
Jeep one winter day
the snowplow
little "town", yup thats it :-)

Odd-Inge

Reply to
Odd-Inge Larsen

It's quite beautiful. We got four meters of snow last year, with several avalanches. But we are in the mountains, not far north, and flat lands are an hour's drive away. How many vehicles do you have? You could ship the seats to Oslo in the summer, have them repaired and sent back. Or you could drive there for a vacation. I didn't think I needed one myself, until I got to Spain...

Earle

> I would love to go there, but I wouldn't hope to find an upholsteryshop.

Reply to
Earle Horton