Jeep Cherokee Sport ----> Check Engine Light

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Eddy,

I also have the 01 XJ Sport. The On/Off/On/Off/On method(MILF) does not work for this model. It was discontinued after '97 IIRC. I spent the bucks and bought an OBD II scanner from Actron at my local Farm and Fleet store. If in the So. WI area, contact me and I will help you out with pulling the codes. Otherwise, someone mentioned to stop at an Autozone/Checker parts stores and they will usually pull the codes for you for little or no money.

Brian Madison, WI.

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

Have had injector plates and computer changed out, also changed gas caps. Light still intermittently lights up. Any suggestions?

Reply to
lonestar

Year? Engine? What error codes?

Billy Ray

Find out what the engine code(s) are. Drifter "I've been here, I've been there..."

Reply to
Drifter

Like everyone else mentions and I mentioned on the other newsgroup, What codes is it throwing?

The check engine light will store fault codes in the computer detailing what system failed.

All you are doing is wasting money throwing parts at it without some direction on where to throw them.

Mike

l>

Reply to
Mike Romain

replying to eddy long, Em wrote: Mine also did not work any other suggestions?

Reply to
Em