Jeep Erratic Idle

Hey Everyone, I recently had a problem with my Jeep running very rich and not running quite right. Well that was finally fixed last night when a hole in the vacuum line to the M.A.P sensor was discovered. Went and started it up for the first time since I fixed the vacuum line, and it fired up quicker than normal and isn't running rich anymore, but now it has a fluctuating idle. It will idle between 900 and 2,700 RPM now. If I disconnect the M.A.P vacuum line, it goes back to how it used to be and idles, but runs very richly. Does anyone know whats going on? Thanks, Gary

Reply to
waterboy44

You have another vacuum leak from those symptoms. Something like the purge valve on the old style canister going bad would cause that or a bad EGR.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I wonder how the 02 sensor is after getting hit with all of that rich exhaust.

Reply to
One out of many daves