jeep fender compatibility??

hey guys-not a very techy question here but-i'm in need of a driver's side fender for an 85 cj7. i was wondering if a fender off of an 80 cj would work. do they look the same? same holes? thanks!

Reply to
serg

All CJ front fenders are the same, from 1972-1986, CJ-5 or CJ-7 (CJ-8's also).

Reply to
JimG

Are you sure?

I thought they changed the length of the front fenders somewhere around

1980???

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
JimG

I raised my eyebrows at JimG's claim too because I thought that there was a re-wrok in `76, so I looked it up on the 4WD catalogue. They list the `72 through `86 fenders as direct replacements. They also list the `69 through `72 fenders as also fitting `55 through `68, but include a hole for the post-`68 marker lamp.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

so what year did they lengthen the hood and fenders? thanks bill

Reply to
Serg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

well, that difference is really aparent nice pix! thanks!

Reply to
serg