Jeep Grand Cherokee 2003 - Grill Replacement????

We were driving across the state a week ago and had a turkey buzzard fly up from a road side meal and we hit it straight on in the middle of the grill on our 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. It shattered the blask plastic back grill and broke the chrome frame plastic in dozens of places. Didn't do a thing to the radiator or anything else luckily. We found a new replacement grill on Ebay really cheap but before we commit to doing the replacement ourselves, we were wondering if there was any trick to replacing the grill? Replaced a pad part on the rear bumper and that was a nightmare of work even though it looked simple from the outside.

Any hints or suggestions of stuff to look out for?

Thanks!

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Suggest you pop the hood and look. Taking the old one off can't hurt anything and will give you a great bit of info on putting the new one in.

You might also call local wrecker yards. The black plastic, painted, and chromed grills are all the same.

Go here.

down the body part tree. Under grille, insert there is a smallillustration. Wow, that sucker ain't cheap.... Can't tell where the screws go, but it looks to be real close to the others.

On the older 1993-1999 it was just three screws along the top and the grill rotated forward and out. It was held at the bottom by little T shaped tabs.

Reply to
DougW

Can you put in a comp claim on your insurance?

K.

Any hints or suggestions of stuff to look out for?

Thanks!

Reply to
Kate

llustration. =A0Wow, that sucker ain't cheap....

Looks like for the grill (grille?) and insert you're talking +$225 there. Ebay has the whole thing brand new for $38 and free shipping :O)

Did that, after deductible got a check for over $200 (vehicle is paid for). So I figure if I can replace the grill for under $50 then it's gonna help Christmas shopping :O)

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Reply to
man of machines