Jeep info and question

Hi,

I have an 01 Wrangler and partly due to my fondness for this ca (bought only to access property under construction but now I like i every day), our Rotary club is buying a brand new Wrangler X, yello with AC and automatic. We are raffling this with all procedes t charitable uses. I want to know from members here a couple things.

1) How to make this an ad or something available to you and othe members of the forum. (And am I allowed to do so)

2) Are there other forums where this might generate some interest an raffle ticket sales. ($10 each, 11 for $100 and 5,000 tickets max). would like to generate some sales as within the town of Rockwall, Texa we never sell out.

Two years ago our club, Rockwall Breakfast Rotary generated funds an built a childrens playground for the City Parks called Kids Zone. think other cities have had this type project. It was in excess o $135,000 and quite a project. We also fund national and internationa projects, provide wheelchairs for people all over the world an generate money to have nearly irradicated polio.

I frequent forums for my other cars, currently a Porsche and a familiar with the type of rules and things. So if I am out of lin posting this, or in the wrong spot, I appreciate that the admisitrato may delete the message.

Please send me a message if this is to be the case.

Last year we raffled a Mini Cooper and I posted it on one forum and w sold a few tickets. We will have a web site soon that will be the plac to buy tickets with a credit card. Also I can do them personally an will be glad to provide any information to enure you we are truely charitable group.

Thanks,

Bil

-- Bric

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brick's Profile:

this thread:

Brick

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I don't believe it *doesn't* fit, charitable drives aren't mentioned at all in the charter, especially in the "forbidden" list. This isn't a commercial post, so why would it not by OK?

My advice, set up a Pay Pal account to sell tickets online, then post an announcement with "OT" in the subject line for Off Topic. Sounds like a good idea.

ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/news.announce.newgroups/rec/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Brick did pass the time by typing:

Brick, my advise to you is ask a lawyer as each state has its own lottery rules (what you are proposing is a lottery by definition and online gambling in its implementaion) The only exception in Oklahoma for such a raffle is when the tickets are free and donations are accepted or are available with purchase of another item (and free on request) as is done in fast-food peel-n-win style lotteries. Anything else is likely illegal here.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Afaik, Jerry's Kids and the Red Cross don't get money by raffles. They rely on free donations of time and money. This discussion brings to mind a number of scandals involving United Way and Red Cross here in Western Colorado. To my way of thinking, the best charity begins at home. You have to question why this guy can't get enough donations locally, and has to take it to a national, or international really, news group.

That is why I prefer to donate time, instead of money. You have some control, and you get to see, what good it does. God helps those, who help themselves.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to