Jeep Liberty - Transmission Question

Friend of mine has a Jeep Liberty that I'm told has no 3rd or 4th gear. Or is "not shifting".

How does the transmission shift?? Is it syncronized or non-syncronized?? I know on GM rear wheel drive tranny's that if the transmission fuse blows, it defaults to 3rd gear cause the shift solenoids are both off (thus 3rd gear). No shifting and a dog out of the hole.

Or I've seen on the 4T60E, since it is a non-syncronis transmission, 1st and

2nd gear only cause 3rd was gone and 4th relies 3rd being working..

Thanks In advance!!

Nick

Reply to
Skeechmaster

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Sorry I didn't specify, It's an automatic... V6 4x4..

I'm guessing the New Venture is a manual trans, right??

Thanks

non-syncronized?? I

Reply to
Skeechmaster

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks Bill!!

I'll try pulling some codes from it!! Thanks Again.. Nick

Reply to
Skeechmaster