jeep motor isn't working

I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee, the heater motor isn't working, the motor works fine, the fuses are fine, i was thinking it could be the heater controls, it has climate control and the seperate switches for the passenger and driver, it could also be the thing that stops the heater working untill the motor reaches 50 degrees. does anyone have any other ideas or know how i can check to find out exactly what the problem is. thanks Joe

Reply to
pooteo

I had an issue with my heater blowing cold air all the time. As it turned out, I was low on radiator fluid. I fixed the leak, filled it up, and it's been working fine ever since.

CTM

Reply to
testert555

It could be the blower motor speed selector switch in the dash. I've replaced mine several times on my 94. It might also be the resistor pack for the blower motor has gone bad (in the 94 cherokee, these are found in the interior passenger side wheel well on the lower left below the dash behind a small plastic panel). One other thought is perhaps also a bad ignition switch? Will it come on if you jiggle the key? I've had to replace my ignition switch about 5 times. Hope this helps.

Reply to
fraserwag