jeep pulled a temper tantrum...

My friend was telling me about an experience she had on her way back from

700 km trip she went on...

On her way home, her '99 TJ pulled a temper tantrum and her RPM meter and Speedometer both dropped to zero and her airbag light came on...all the while the jeep kept running normally. The weirdest part about it is that she literally got *shocked* when it happened., like an electrical shock.

Does anyone know what could have caused this?? It happened 2 more times on her way home...but has not happened since. (about 2-3 weeks) Ideas?

Josh '90 YJ - 1.5 susp., 31" Roughriders, Tuffy, Alpine

Reply to
dirkson

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
David C. Moller

Yup, the connection on the back of the dash is bad. There is a TSB out on it and they have the proper sized plug available as a replacement I believe.

Some folks pull the dash and bend (twist) all the pins on the plug just slightly so the socket will grab.

Mike

dirks>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Bill - just what I was looking for. I'll forward her the link.

Josh '90 YJ - 1.5 susp., 31" Roughriders, Tuffy, Alpine

Reply to
dirkson

Are you sure you hadn't just called her on a cell phone and made a marriage proposal, and she just hallucinated???

--James---

Reply to
James Nipper

lol - I was attempting to upgrade from a '90 YJ to a '99 TJ. ;)