Jeep Safari Real vehicle?

Did Jeep ever make a "Safari"?

Reply to
Jeepers

Sahara, but I haven't heard of a Safari.

Mike

Jeepers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
twaldron

A picture of one over in alt.binaries.pictures.autos

I never heard of it either. The poster likes to know.

Reply to
Jeepers

I don't see the post...

Mike

Jeepers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

If I remember correctly, Willys made a Safari for the overseas market in the early-mid 60s - and I believe it was manufactured overseas as well. As Bill said, it is a long wheelbase vehicle like one I remember seeing in the movie "Hatari". I think it was available in CJ-8 & CJ-10 formats.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Rohleder