Jeep Tech

good link, thanks.

Dave Milne

Stumbled upon it myself just thought I would pass it on.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

And spyware:

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

na, that's just netscape/windows being crap. NS 4.7 wasn't the most reliable of browsers.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

ah, the doubleclick and admt tracking cookies - I've got 3rd party cookies automatically rejected so they didn't make it onto my disk.

Reply to
Dave Milne

You even have pictures of that linked ...that's hilarious ;p

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

And negatives are worth a thousand bucks.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

:)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Well it does have legs I suppose.

I'll have to dig out my photos. Been meaning to scan them but never got to it.

Reply to
DougW

That's a sweet pic ...any bigger versions of that?

Reply to
griffin

The link the OP gives crashed my Netscape....

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Anyone who is fond of the old Netscape browsers should check out Firefox, the latest version built on the old code thats been open sourced. I use it and it's pretty good. There is also Thunderbird, which I haven't used but it's the email program that is stand-alone. The Mozilla suite is likened to the old Netscape Communicator, as it includes Navigator (Firefox) and email (Thunderbird). Both will import your bookmarks, email , etc. so switching isn't such a burden. Even imports from IE for those looking to try something new :)

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

totally agree - Firefox is excellent, particularly if you are doing web development. Even got my mother using it - she liked it so much she got T'bird by herself.

Dave Milne

I've been using them both over the last six months. When some of the nasty viruses are circulating, they seem to pass me by... knock on wood...ouch!

Highly recommended...some things don't work on Firefox, but nothing yet that I thought was important...and if it really is something you need, you can always use IE for that one item.

Greg

Endo wrote:

Reply to
Greg