Jeep thoughts

I have a chance to pick up a 1989 wrangler Sahara. It has 277K on it and has a 6-cyl with a 5 speed. The body has no rust except for the window hinges. Interior is fair at best. Soft top with 1 small tear. Seats usual tears for a jeep. Engine runs rough. Cost - $1200.

Any thoughts.

Dennis

Reply to
Lovs2fly

I'd stick with '91 and newer. The '89 has the notoriously bad Peugeot BA/10 transmission and the 4.2L engine has a notoriously unreliable carburetor. 1991 and newer have the much better/reliable fuel injected

4.0L engine and AX-15 transmission.

Jery

Lovs2fly wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

All that said (Jerry)... $1200 is not bad for good YJ body and frame with no rust. But be ready to replace the drive train!

Reply to
JimG

Not ALL 89's have the BA10. And the carb can be setup to run more than fine....$1200 I say take it.

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper