Jeep TJ Air Conditioning

Hi Mike:

I was surfing and saw your post ? I have a 1998 Jeep TJ Sahara ? same thing with my air conditioning. All of a sudden now when you turn it on, you can hear it run just briefly for about 2 seconds and then it stops. Move the switch off any of the air conditioning settings and then back on ? exactly the same thing ? sounds like it engages and runs for about 2 seconds then quits. Does anybody have a guess as to what the problem is??

Cheers,

Jim Hawkins Vancouver, BC snipped-for-privacy@telus.net

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

twaldron

The refrigerant pressure is likely low and the low-pressure safety switch is shutting the compressor off. You'll need to have it recharged... and if it's low, there is very likely a leak too that will need to be tracked down and fixed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Have the system dye tested. To find the leak that is causing your freon to leak out, and causing your A/C to stop running.

Reply to
Mark12211