Jeep Weekend Ramblings...

I just had to share my weekend with the crew here..the ones that care at least. Not all great Jeep rides take place off road...

I had to go to Indianapolis for a conference last week. Since I live in north Alabama I decided that I would drive up, it was only about 425 miles, no big deal. I was going to take my Crown Vic (the one with the lights and siren), but at the last minute decided to drive the Jeep. The weather was too crappy on the way up to take the top off, but the drive was ok. Then Sunday came and it was time to go home...

You should have seen the look on the bellhop's face as I started undoing the top in the driveway of the Westin. There I was surrounded by stretch Limos, Taxi cabs and a Mercedes. Some of my friends came to see me off and got a big chuckle out of it as well, especially the folks from the UK. THe weather was perfect and the roads were almost empty as I headed out.

Had the good fortune to catch a few great radio stations on the way, passing through Louisville, Bowling Green, and Nashville. Stereo turned up loud enough to drown out the highway and my own pathetic voice trying to sing along. I got a lot of looks on the way...who cares. Even got a few Jeep waves from folks going the other way...if you were driving the Red Wrangler north of Nashville...hey to you too. Big wave from them!

Thats about it, good to be home...now, to find time to go off road again....

Jerry Slaughter

99 TJ
Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

=)

Reply to
jbjeep

Funny, I was at a Westin in San Francisco for a conference last week I couldn't help but think about was how the stern looking doorman would gasp if I pulled up in a dust covered Jeep!

-- Stash

Reply to
JeeperEngineer