Jeep will not start when hot

I have a 1991 Wrangler Sahara with 130,000 mi on it. 4.0 6cyl. 5speed manual tranny. When the jeep gets hot it will not start. I can "Crossover" the starter and get it started. I Can also push it and pop it to start. I have done some research on the topic and see that this can be a problem. ex,

i am looking for is the wiring diagram for the starting system.Does anyone know where online that I can find this diagram?Thanks you in advance.ACF

Reply to
shark265

Factory Service Manual, available from your dealer.

Dave Milne, Scotland

What i am looking for is the wiring diagram for the starting system.> Does anyone know where online that I can find this diagram?> Thanks you in advance.> ACF

Reply to
Dave Milne

The part between the key switch and the 'cross over' part is called a starter relay. It is located on the firewall at the end of the battery positive cable. I would start by cleaning the connections on this or just replacing it.

The other part is the key switch located at the bottom top of the steering column.

You could hit either with that electronic 'freeze' spray to see if heat has affected them but the relay is a known dirty connection trouble spot.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - G> I have a 1991 Wrangler Sahara with 130,000 mi on it. 4.0 6cyl. 5speed

What i am looking for is the wiring diagram for the starting system.> Does anyone know where online that I can find this diagram?> Thanks you in advance.> ACF

Reply to
Mike Romain