Jeep Wrangler Cooling System Pressure Test

Tonight I tried to pressure test my 02 Jeep Wrangler's Cooling System. After putting about two pumps of air in I could hear the air move somewhere. When I took off the tester a bunch of coolant was pushed out. The air went somewhere. It seems like the radiator cap is not the highest place in teh system? Will this air be trapped? How do I get it out?

Reply to
katiemcnerney

Your system is a closed loop, the air will be pushed out into the overflow bottle as the system warms up. It probably just went into the top of the radiator. The coolant that got pushed out was pushed out because the rubber hoses expand and there is always some air trapped in the system that can be compressed.

Reply to
DougW