Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - LJ Tire Selection

I have a 2004 jeep wrangler unlimited (LJ) and I am in the process of installing an OME 2" HD lift and a Currie 1" body lift with a 1" motor mount lift. I have some new AR 16x8 rims and need to select tires now. I use this as my daily commuter and head off road about twice a month. Mostly in logging roads in the mountains and the mining roads in the desert. I will be doing little if any rock crawling. I also need something that will do well in the snow. Here are my questions....

1- Should I go with the 265/75r16 (32x10.5) and play it safe. Or should I go with the 285/75r16 (33x11.5). I worry about the larger tire rubbing.

2- Should I go with a mud tire with siping like the ProComp or Toyo, or an all terrain like the BFG or Toyo.

Any thoughts or personal experience would be appreciated.

Reply to
utah-lj-jeeper

With 3" total of lift, you probably won't experience rubbing until you really stuff the tires. Go for it.

If it's primarily a daily driver, I'd recommend the BFG AT.

Reply to
Matthew Macchiarolo