JGC won't restart!!!

I just replaced the engine in this Jeep for the second time this summer. The first engine was bad due to a horrible oiling system. Don't ever buy an engine from a company called Recon. This engine is rebuilt and we just got it straight today. We fought this install for a long time and I am now haning a small problem I can't figure out. We took it out for the longest test drive of the week. It ran beautifully, we bring it back and tryed restarting it and it won't go. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be. I am at my wits end on this project and I am ready to throw in the towel. THanks for all the help you have given me.

Reply to
GTI

You have to give us some clues to start with.

What sort of Jeep is it, what engine?

First the basics, is it getting gas and spark? Do you hear the fuel pump when you switch the ignition on? Are you getting spark at the plugs? Might something have come unplugged?

Jeff DeWitt

GTI wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

My sympathies to you. I have also had problems with Recon. My first engine had low oil pressure...had it replaced....but I still can't get the $'s from them that I spent for the replacement labor. It has been almost a year now, and I am still struggling with them.

cal

Reply to
Cal

If you have the 4 liter I-6 my first thought would be the Crank Sensor.

A typical failure is you are driving home with absolutely no problem and in the morning you can't get it started.

Try unplugging and replugging the connector a couple times to scratch the terminals clean, use electrical contact cleaner if you have it.

If it now restarts that is pretty much the diagnosis for a failed sensor..

Reply to
billy ray