K-frame mounts

Hi!

I apologize up front for this!! This is not a jeep question, but a dodge question. You guys have been very helpful in the past with jeep problems.... In addition to 2 jeeps, I also have a '96 intrepid. It seems the k-frame mounts are giving up again. I paid the dealership a lot to replace them several years ago, but it seems I have had a return of the same grinding noise when steering, plus I just looked at some material coming out of one of the mounts. Are they hard to replace? Are there any good resources online? Any special tools required? I understand the use of rubber to deaden sound/vibrations etc, but when it starts giving up..sure is aggravating.

thanks

cal

Reply to
Cal

resources=20

I'd go for a harder durometer... see if PST can help...

They make stuff out of PolyGraphite.

I'd certainly get a book on the vehicle I was considering working on... I've replaced the front klip on a Taurus before, but you need to know what can remain connected, and what needs to be loosened. Generally, you can take the exhaust loose, remove the bolts holding the rack-and-pinion, then support the frame from the rear, remove the bolts, and lower it enough to get access to the rubber pancakes. If you don't have at least a good floor jack and some stands, forget it... use a book! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

Thanks for the reply!! I have the haynes manual, but unfortunately, it doesn't discuss this. I wish I had the service manual!

cal