keyless entry programming?

Any body ever program their keyless entry after losing a transmitter?

Reply to
Tony

Brandonb

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Not in the 2000 model

Reply to
Billy Ray

Is there another place to go besides the dealer to program the keyless entry. My local dealer wants $45 to programit and that is after they charged me $32 for the new one. What is the DRBIII® scan tool? Is it a Chrysler special tool?

Reply to
Marvin Oliver

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You can try checking with other DC dealerships as they all use the same DRBIII machine

Reply to
Billy Ray

On the WJs, if you already have 2 keys programmed, you can just get extra keys cut anywhere and program them yourself. The process is in the manual. You can get blank keys off ebay for cheap.

Brandonb

Marv> Is there another place to go besides the dealer to program the keyless

Reply to
Brandonb

I thought the same thing you did Brandon when I read this this morning. After rereading it, I believe he is talking about the remote entry, not the key.

KJK

: Marvin Oliver wrote: : > Is there another place to go besides the dealer to program the keyless : > entry. My local dealer wants $45 to programit and that is after they charged : > me $32 for the new one. What is the DRBIII® scan tool? Is it a Chrysler : > special tool? : >

: >>

: >>Tony wrote: : >>

: >>>Any body ever program their keyless entry after losing a transmitter? : >

: >

: >

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Apparently I am stupid. :)

Brandonb

KJ.Kate wrote:

Reply to
Brandonb

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Programming a remote requires a DRBIII tool. There are after-market programmers for key activation (if you do not have 2 working keys) but they will not program the vehicle remote.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Oh crap! Then so am I.

thanks a BUNCH! LOL

KJK

: > I thought the same thing you did Brandon when I read this this morning. : > After rereading it, I believe he is talking about the remote entry, not the : > key. : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: > : Marvin Oliver wrote: : > : > Is there another place to go besides the dealer to program the keyless : > : > entry. My local dealer wants $45 to programit and that is after they : > charged : > : > me $32 for the new one. What is the DRBIII® scan tool? Is it a Chrysler : > : > special tool? : > : >

: > : >>

: > : >>Tony wrote: : > : >>

: > : >>>Any body ever program their keyless entry after losing a transmitter? : > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: >

: >

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Bill. Two replacement remotes for my 99 XJ had to be programmed by the dealer. However they didn't try to rip me off and only charged $26 for both.

Jobo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill.

This procedure is for the "optical/infrared" style that was used on the older ones. I got 2 Piland remotes for a 96 xj I owned and used this procedure. The same remote worked on my daughters 93 grand Cherokee. The ebay seller I got the remotes from for my 99 xj specifically said, and I verified, the dealer tool was needed. What was interesting was the wide range of prices I was quoted to get it done. $80 was tops and my local dealer charged $26.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo