Kill Switch / Engine Immobilizer

Any good suggestions for a Kill Switch / Engine Immobilizer? I used to use Jacobs "Stop Action", but they discontinued the product.

Reply to
Tony

L.W.(ßill)

How about a kill switch on the fuel pump? Assuming, of course, you have an electric one.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer

I had a '79 Yamaha IT400 in '83 or so that had a flaky kill switch. One time, I had it wide-open on a ditch bank in New Mexico (ahhhh... the halycon days of our youth....), and I let the throttle off to shift gears and nothing happened! I'm accellerating to my doom, engine is just screaming, and I can't get the kill switch to work.

Replaced that thing right away, I'll tell ya ! Turned out the little clip that guided the jet in the carb had come off so when I opened 'er up all the way, the needle couldn't find the hole to go back into... yikes...

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired