Koenig winch

I've got a Koenig winch ???????? don't know what the model or specs are on it. The only numbers I can find on it are; 524 and 49064. I believe this unit would be classified as a PTO winch since it currently driven by a hydraulic motor (oilfield application). I'm wondering if anyone has a book on this winch or can at least tell me what the specs are? One of the problems is that it turns extremely slowly and I think I can easily fix that by installing a small GPM hydraulic motor. I've tried contacting RKI but they were of no help what so ever. They agreed that they used to manufacture this winch but they would rather sell me a new unit than assist with some information on the original unit. Any assistance, direction to a web site or contact info would be appreciated.

Reply to
Randy

Does it separate from the motor to look like the old Koenig winch use with Power Take Offs:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Offs:

?

It looks like a similar design as in your photo except there is an adapter spool that bolts onto the bottom of the drive end. This is where the hydraulic motor is bolted and coupled to the winch. I would like to attach a photo but I don't know how!!!

Reply to
Randy

That winch 'can' be driven off the PTO if you have such, otherwise it is just a hydraulic winch. It might even have been made for Jeeps.

I believe you are correct about the pump and speed, though speed isn't always a good thing when winching....

If you had a PTO, then a hand throttle would control the winch speed.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

.......... back to my original question......... can anyone identify the model of this winch from the numbers 524 and 49064 and do you have any information on it in regards to load rating, etc. Any assistance with the subject would be appreciated rather than the criticism of how I posted the query. I use these groups to research and share information among other enthusiasts........ not for social activity. Get a life.

Reply to
Randy

Well, seeing as I actually found out that info and was going to post it this morning for you until you decided to rant on me for no apparent reason, you can freakin' well look it up yourself.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Ah, enthusiasm in Jeeps isn't a social activity. If you are after a professional service, pay your mechanic.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

Gotta disagree there Dave. I'll bet I have met close to 100 people from this newsgroup over the years from a bunch of provinces and states by putting on all those runs and area cleanups I used to do, so it is indeed a 'social' activity.

Bunches of us get together for weekend repair parties also. My wife and I have met friends we will likely keep for life from this group.

I guess I shouldn't be too hard on that 'newbie' just because he doesn't know how to post his rant in the right place, but geese I have enough people ranting at me over BS without newbies starting in on me over someone else's rant....

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks for all the help!!!

Reply to
Randy

I would guess that 'that' was posted in the right place, though at the bottom of a top posting thread just to piss off Jeff, right? LOL!

Instead of coming onto this newsgroup and insulting people because some maybe hurt your feelings, well... you see how far that got you eh.

You also might want to learn how to use Google.com, I found your info easily. There, you got some help.