Land Between the Lakes, KY

Thinking of going to Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky next week for some off-roading and camping.

Anybody have any recommendations for good off-road trails in that area?

Is camping allowed on the trails, or do you have to camp only in designated campsite areas?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Hey Tom,

There are some great trails there! You have to sign in with the forest service before you enter. Get good maps because you CAN get lost off the main trails. I don't know about camping along the trails but you can certainly get off the trail some and set up. Also, there is camping nearby. You will see a lot of ATVs there too.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Take a gps.

Reply to
Kevin

I second what Andy said. You can get maps from the forest service there. There's a $15 (IIRC) fee for a 3-day pass. You can camp at the off-road park there in designated areas, or contact an area campground -

Kenlake State Resort Park 800-325-0143 Aurora Early American 270-474-2241 Aurora Fin & Feather 270-474-2351 Aurora Holiday Inn 270-753-5986 Murray Kenbar Inn 270-474-2288 Gilbertsville Ken Oaks Motel 270-474-2288 Aurora Lakeland Resort 270-474-2292 Aurora Ramada Inn 270-362-4278 Gilbertsville Shawnee Bay 800-272-4413 Benton Shoney's Inn 270-753-5353 Murray Sportsman Lodge 270-354-8333 Benton Town & Country Resort 270-354-6587 Benton

I stayed at Kenlake when I was there as part of MidriversJeepThing's Octoberfest (sic). You have to be off the trails by 5pm (maybe earlier now, due to the whole lack of daylight thing).

Should be a great time of year to be in the area. Enjoy!

Mark

Reply to
ZeroCool

Thanks Andy

Reply to
mabar

Got it, thanks.

Reply to
mabar

I just realized that it's about a 9 hour drive to get there from my area, so I won't be going this week, but will definitely keep this for future reference.

Thanks for the great info.

Tom

snip

Reply to