largest tires on stock XJ without Rubbing

Hi, can someone tell me the largest tires I can put on a stock '97 XJ (with up country) without having the tires rub?

thanks,

Deparko

Reply to
Deparko

L.W.(ßill)

I general I would agree with reducing the radius however the guys who did the fix for me at the Off Road General Store in Laguna Hills said they merely put a washer on the steering stops.

I never really thought about how much turning radius I lost by doing so until you brought it up... Assuming you don't already have a URL on how much radius would be lost, how much would you figure would be lost by doing so?

-- Taylor

'89 Audi 200 '01 Audi A6 2.7T '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Reply to
Just Taylor

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Never heard of The Notch here in California... is that out near Anza Borrego/Ocotillo? In any case really hardcore trails are not my thing. I enjoy off-roading but I can live without the hardcore off-roading.

However you will be pleased my new Jeep has leaf springs :)