leak under dash yj

Same old, I have replaced the rubber under the windshield frame...even put silicone on the outside edge. hose under hood is clear..still I get water on the floor (both sides) when it rains. Any help will be fantastic

Reply to
DeerSkull

Look inside the intake box, under the grille below the windshield. Take the grille off to do it. Stuff can get in there and block the drain before the hose.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

On my YJ the windshield frame is a little rotted and there are multiple holes along the top edge where the soft top hardware has been mounted repeatedly. I found the water was coming in around the glass (damned 2 piece seal!) and on the top edge. Some day I'll replace the windshield frame. but in the mean time I drilled a couple 1/4" holes on the outside of the windshield frame at the lowest point. I'm surprised you haven't drilled holes in the floor yet to let the water out.

Reply to
jeff

Mine leaks between the glass and the frame.

Reply to
Steve Foley

I recently also replaced the rubber cowl under the windshield frame of my 91 Wrangler hoping to stop the leaking. That didn't seem to make a difference. I tried adding caulk to seal edge between the cowl and the windshield frame. Before I could test it in the rain, I hit a baseball through the windshield and replaced it. Today it rained hard without leaking, but don't know if it was the caulk or the seal around the windshield. I also have a fair amount of rust on the frame.

CTM

Reply to
testert555

Thanks for the help. The intake box, under the grille is clean and clear of debris The winshield! water may coming in around the glass.... good thought I'll check that. I don't want to drill holes in the floor (unless I have to) the jeep is a mint '93 Sahara with under 60,000km's

Reply to
DeerSkull

I do not have carpet in mine so a .25" hole in the lowest spot works great for draining - the big drain plugs are not at the lowest point - I think they are for deep water :-\

If you have half doors - check to see that the top half closes well - you can bend them in by opening the door and put your knee in the middle of the lower (solid) half - grab the top of the window and pull towards you.

paul

93 YJ
Reply to
paul